It’s definitely summer! Don’t miss out on the outdoors fun. Avoid dehydration.
Did you know that dehydration can cause health complications like heat stroke, dizziness, diarrhea, vomiting, coma, seizure and shock?
Rule of thumb: if you feel thirsty, your body needs fluids.
Listen to your body and drink water throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
Our bodies are composed of two-thirds water and during the hot, sweaty months it’s very important to replenish our body’s fluid reserves by drinking water
and eating the right food. Increasing our fluid intake is vital to help regulate body temperature, counteract higher humidity and flush out waste.
Water is vital to our overall health and well-being to help the body function properly.
The following tips can help you stay hydrated:
Drink 8 -12 oz. glasses of water each day. Sparkling water is a refreshing thirst-quencher, so, drink up!
Bring a reusable water bottle when you go to work or indulge in outdoors activities and drink from it throughout the day, refill as needed.
Drink water during your meals. Not only can it help you stay hydrated, but it can help you feel more full, which can help prevent you from overindulging at mealtime.
For a bit of juicy taste, flavor water with a jigger of Organique Premium Blend Acai Berry (available in Mercury Drug stores, Watson’s, other stores and supermarkets nationwide), and shake well. Now, you’ve got a tasty chocolatey-berry beverage with a high, healthy dose of antioxidants that can help the body naturally detoxify itself. Superfood Acai berry also deliver heaps of fiber, which can help you stay satisfied in between meals. You can also drink it straight cold from the refrigerator or chilled over ice.
The family that drinks a glassful shares a healthy bonding! Make your own Organique Acai Smoothie blended with banana or watermelon slices and sip during brrakfast. You can take it to the gym or exercise class; sip during breaks and you’ll feel up to the physical activity – still energized, revitalized and refreshed after your workout.
Eating veggies with a luscious twist is another way to stay hydrated and healthy. Chew on spoonfuls of refreshing lettuce salad which is 95% water. Sprinkle with mango, watermelon, or orange bits, then pour a jigger or two of superfood Organique Premium Blend Acai Berry juice over those crisp veggies, mix well and you’ll be munching your way to healthy goodness, boosting your mineral and vitamin intake while you stay hydrated.
- ‘Must do’ hygiene habits. Wash your hands as frequently as you can as bacteria and viruses come alive during the monsoon and you can come into contact just by crossing the road or holding on to an infected railing or bench. Avoid touching your face, scratch your eye or wipe your sweaty brow with your bare hands. The flu virus commonly enters our body through the eyes, nose and mouth. Use a clean tissue paper instead and throw in a trash bin.
- Cover up to protect yourself and your feet from contaminated water. While clogged sewers and dirty puddles are a common sight during the rainy season, they are sources of water-borne diseases like diarrhea, influenza, cholera and fungal skin infections.
- Wear a jacket with hood invest in a good pair of rain boots. Should your feet get wet, wash thoroughly with soap and dry well. If you get soaked in the rain, shower immediately as rain water contains acids which are harmful for the skin.
- Keep mosquitoes out. Stagnant water during the rainy season often becomes a breeding ground for bacteria and mosquitoes. Do regular housecleaning, check flower pots, fountains, ditches, nooks and crannies that may be holding stagnant water. Clean them out daily. Spray organic mosquito repellent over your clothes especially when you go outdoors
- Indeed, health is wealth! While diseases are pet peeves, preventing us from being productive and enjoying life, ORGANIQUE INC. as a champion of health and wellness is committed to spreading the concept of healthy purple ORGANIQUE ACAI BERRY PREMIUM BLEND available in Mercury Drug and other leading drugstores and supermarkets nationwide, to help Filipinos be in their best of health.